Thursday, January 6, 2011

RR01 charge your walk.

This is pretty cool!
Well, my phone died today and I was nowhere near a plug for any decent amount of time, so my phone unfortunately stayed dead (and my future roommate probably isn't very happy about that as we're preparing to sign our lease...) but anyway...
When trying to find an article, i kept running into stubs, so after running into one too many, here it is:

how would you like a charger that gains energy from your kinetic energy. For those of you who don't know latin (or greek or whatever), or don't remember much from physics or chem, that is the energy of your motion. So all of my running around could have charged my phone, as long as I had bought this $160 contraption (its 90% ohio-made in Tremont, near cleveland!) After seeing that this product was pretty cool, i checked out their website and it has some pretty interesting research that they do on wave energy (with Ohio State!). Now, this can't power your ipad or netbook/notebook, but its pretty sweet for ipods, smart phones, etc. That must be why its backordered.

If i had 160 to burn I'd totally buy this.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry, i forgot to even mention the name, its called nPower peg found at npowerpeg.com

    the article was on the inhabitat blog which is a pretty interesting source for design with sustainability/ green efforts in mind

    http://inhabitat.com/ces-2011-npower-peg-uses-walking-to-recharge-devices/

    ReplyDelete