Saturday, January 15, 2011

Course reflection 2

I thought it was interesting to define more clearly what designers do. I have a relative who is an industrial designer, but I always find myself asking her what exactly she does and always being slightly confused. I would like to pursue a career in product design/Industrial design/engineering so as always I appreciated another insight in the design field. The other specialties were interesting to hear about as well.

Beyond the definitions, I found it interesting to learn about the partial history of design and to learn more about catalysts in that process. I especially liked the information about Isaac Singer and his sewing machines because we still have 1 or 2 old singer sewing machines at my house.

The video on Paul Rand was fairly interesting, but also a bit bland and long. i'm not quite sure what else to say in these course reflection blogs beyond the things that I remember from class... I hope this is sufficient...

No comments:

Post a Comment