Thursday, January 6, 2011

Hello world!

Hi. I'm Julia and I'm from Northeast, OH. I'm currently studying mechanical engineering here at OSU. I am the youngest of four children in my family and I'm the first of us to go to OSU. I have interests in many things including photography, sports, music, theatre, cooking, baking, art, design, and more. I also enjoy traveling and I've been to many places including Spain, Italy, Israel, and Iceland. When I travel I enjoy eating different kinds of food known to the country, so if anyone is curious as to what interesting things I've eaten, just let me know!


I'm taking Dsgn200 because I plan to at least minor in Design (I'm applying to the major, but when they only accept 18 per year... its hard to say what will happen). I'm especially interested in the industrial design/product design aspect of design (wow i just used the word 'design' wayyy to many times in that sentence). I first got interested in design in high school when I watched the IDEO Nightline shopping cart video in my principles of engineering and design class (and I've seen it too many times since). That spring when I was in San Francisco, I got to visit IDEO (Palo Alto) and see the shopping cart in person. In the future I hope to be working at a design firm like IDEO or Columbus' Design Central, and this course is part of the path to help me get where I need to be in order to achieve that. The only concern that I have about this class is forgetting to write my blog posts... but other than that I'm excited to learn more about design!

No comments:

Post a Comment