Sunday, February 6, 2011

50 things on a trip to Thompson library

A trip to Thompson Library:

1. Did I bring all my work with me?
2. Am I going to find a place to work?
3. Will it/I be too loud?
4. when does the library open?
5. which way do I push/pull the door
6. where is there an empty study space
7. Will i finish before the library closes
8. Where is the bathroom?
9. Where is the book that I need?
10. where can i check out a book?
11. Where do these glass stairs lead?
12. Where will I get food when I'm hungry
13. Will the line be long (I don't like lines)
14. Will I be able to see the menu from the back of a line?
15. What can I get for a swipe?
16. Will there be an available outlet near a study spot?
17. Will my adapter even fit into it (the large apple adapters).
18. where can I get help?
19. is there a more quiet place to study?
20. what is with the mezanine floors (2,3,4)?
21. If I meet up with someone are they going to know where to go?
22. The stacks look really cool when i'm walking around
23. The floor on the 4th floor is really cool. The cork mutes the noise.
24. Is there a vending machine anywhere? I don't want to go to the cafe.
25. The people in the study room with the large window facing west are being too loud.
26. How do I sign in the internet on the computers?
27. How can I print?
28. People are in study rooms
29. I want a study room
30. how can i get a study room?
31. I'm getting distracted, need to move elsewhere.
32. What do I do with all of my stuff when I have to go to the bathroom?
33. How do I stay motivated for so long
34. The screens are cool when they move, but also completely distracting
35. people watching is distracting
36. Does anyone ever take out books at a college library?
37. Why is there only 1 set of accessible elevators (there's a service elevator elsewhere?
38. The glass stairs give me vertigo.
39. apparently there are 1800 seats available, but I wonder where they are...?
40. There should be a coffee vending machine for those who need instant caffinated gratification
41. the grand staircase makes whoever walks down it feel super important/in the middle of everything
42. I wonder how many people get things stolen from them per day
43. Do the security people ever have to stop anyone?
44. I wonder how many people are actually here when the library opens?
45. I wish they had better food at the Berry Cafe
46. is there a superstition about walking on the school seal on the floor?
47. the bust's head is particularly smooth (from superstitious rubbing)
48. I wonder how much it costs to power Thompson, as it uses many green technologies.
49. Is it going to be safe outside whenever I choose to leave thompson (is it going to be really late?)
50. where's the closest bus stop?

No comments:

Post a Comment